Barcelos and tributaries
Between the months of September and February, we will fish along Rio Negro and its tributaries. Boarding in Kalua Boat will take place at Barcelos city.
The package lasts for nine days, with six effective fishing days.
The fishing area on the Rio Negro ranges from the Rio Branco region to the Ilha do Silva and the rocks of Santa Isabel do Rio Negro, including the Caurés, Demeni, Aracá, Atauí, Preto, Padauiri, Itu, Cuiuni and Arirarrá tributaries, always respecting the limits close to traditional riverside communities and the limits of indigenous areas. Our company values environmental preservation and local customs, making no agreements to fish in these restricted areas.
The exploration of the difficult access fishing spots (hidden lakes and almost unexplored areas) is guaranteed by our experienced guides, all of them with at least 10 years of experience in this function.
This Rio Negro region is excellent for fishing the big peacock bass (Tucunaré-Açu), as well as other catfishes like pirararas and piraibas. And it is worth remembering that the region is known worldwide in sport fishing as the holder of the IGFA record for the Açu Peacock Bass (Tucunaré – Açu), weighing over 13 kilos (28,66 Pounds).
The validity of this package begins Sunday early morning, with transfer directly to Eduardo Gomes International Airport, in Manaus, to board in a charter flight with destination to Barcelos (about 1 hour flight).
The package will end next Sunday, after the flight back to Manaus Eduardo Gomes International Airport.
Travel itinerary from Barcelos
• Day 1 (Sunday): Early morning, transfer from the hotel to Manaus airport for a local one hour flight to Barcelos. At the arrival, transfer to Kalua I boat. After lunch, fishing till 06:00 pm;
- Days 2 to 6 (Monday to Friday): after breakfast, full fishing days till 06:00 pm;
- Day 7 (Saturday): after breakfast, fishing from 6:30 am to 12:30 pm, , lunch and time to organize and pack the fishing tackle and return to Barcelos City for an overnight stay (included at package) in double rooms with air conditioning and television. At night, free time at Barcelos (all costs by anglers);
- Day 8 (Sunday): after breakfast transfer to the local airport for the return flight to Manaus. End of our services.
- At the 4th or 5th day, if the weather allows, we prepare a barbecue at night in a wonderful Rio Negro beach.
The daily fishing period is between 06:00 am and 06:00 pm;
The charter flight to Barcelos, generally departs at 06:00 am at Sunday morning;
The charter flight back to Manaus, generally departs at 09:00 am at next Sunday morning. Those flights during likely 1h and 10 minutes, we recommend you buy your ticket for the flight back home after 02:00 pm, because climate conditions can delay the flight;
Courtesy of 2 bottles of Red Label whiskey, 2 Vodkas and 2 Campari for the group.
Accommodation and services included
- Charter Flight Manaus – Barcelos – Manaus (Paid separately from the fishing package);
- Transfer from Manaus International Airport to hotel, for the most part of the group, when arrival at same day and same hour;
- Transfer hotel to airport for all group when stay at same hotel in Manaus;
- Two transfers at Barcelos;
- 06 (six) nights at Kalua Barco Hotel;
- 01 (one) night at hotel in Barcelos;
- The Kalua Barco Hotel hosts from 14 to 16 anglers, 12 being the minimum necessary for an operation week; We offer 06 (six) double rooms and 02 (two) individual rooms with air conditioning, plus one extra box;
- 3 daily meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), plus snacks and appetizers;
- Drinks – mineral water, several soft drinks, beer (Skol or Império) and other cocktails with no limit during the whole trip;
- Courtesy of 2 bottles of Red Label whiskey, 2 Vodkas and 02 Campari for the group;
- Air-conditioned bar with 42” LED TV, DVD, Sound System;
- Deck solarium with tables and chairs;
- Fishing Boats with double seat, equipped with 25 HP engine, 44lbs electric trolling motor, with all security equipment, an experienced native fishing guide, a cooler full of beverages and snacks and 35 liters of fuel per day;
- The boats have carpeted platforms, radio communicator, IGFA measuring ruler and original bogagrip;
- Daily maid service with laundry;
Not included services
- Any accommodations other than those guaranteed during the fishing package at Barco Hotel Kalua;
- Extra ground transfers;
- Fishing gear – Kalua Barco Hotel available for rent, likely lead weights for catfish fishing;
- Satellite phone calls (R$ 25,00 per minute or fraction);
- Federal Fishing Licenses and Municipal Taxes at Barcelos;
- Distilled beverages, in addition to those reported as included. Kalua's bar has, for sale,some types of drinks available;
- Personal expenses with meals and snacks, outside the days shipped on Kalua.
See our photo gallery
There are so many moments that it is difficult to choose the best images.
Click in the button below to see Kalua’s full photo gallery