Santa Isabel and Tributaries
Between August and February, we will fish along the Rio Negro and its Preto, Padauiri, Atauí and Floresta tributaries, always respecting the limits close to traditional riverside communities and the limits of indigenous areas. Our company values environmental preservation and local customs, making no agreements to fish in these restricted areas.
The boarding in Kalua II Boat will take place in the city of Santa Isabel do Rio Negro, located in a two (2) hours flight from Manaus. The package lasts for 09 days, with 6 effective fishing days.
The itinerary departing from Santa Isabel do Rio Negro, besides being excellent for peacock bass fishing, can be promising for several catfishes, such as pirararas, piraíbas and surubins. And it is worth remembering that the region is known worldwide in sport fishing as the holder of the IGFA record for the Açu Peacock Bass (Tucunaré – Açu), weighing over 13 kilos (28,66 Pounds).
Travel itinerary from Manaus/Santa Isabel/Manaus
Day 1 (Saturday): Early morning, transfer from the hotel to Manaus International Airport or Flores smaller airport in the city, for boarding in a 2 hours charter flight to Santa Isabel do Rio Negro. Upon arrival in Santa Isabel, transfer to port and boarding for immediate navigation. After lunch, fishing till 06:00 pm;
Days 2 to 6 (Sunday to Thursday): after breakfast, full fishing days till 06:00 pm;
Day 7 (Friday): after breakfast, fishing from 06:30 am to 12:30 pm, lunch and time to organize and pack the fishing tackle during navigation back to the city of Santa Isabel for an overnight stay (included at package) in double rooms with air conditioning and television. At night, free time at Santa Isabel (all costs by anglers);
Day 8 (Saturday): after breakfast transfer to local airport to return to Manaus. End of our services.
The daily fishing period is between 06:00 am and 06:00 pm;
The charter flight to Santa Isabel do Rio Negro, generally departs at 06:00 am on Saturday morning. The charter flight back to Manaus, generally departs at 09:00 am on next Saturday morning. Those flights during likely 2h and 10 minutes, we recommend you to buy your flight ticket back home after 02:30 pm.
Accommodation and services included
- Charter Flight Manaus x Santa Isabel x Manaus (Paid separately from the fishing package);
- Transfer from Manaus International Airport to hotel, for the most part of the group, when arrival at same day and same hour;
- Transfer from hotel to airport for all the group when staying at same hotel in Manaus;
- 06 (six) overnights with 06 (six) effective days of fishing;
- 01 (one) overnight in hotel, at the end of the last fishing day, from Friday to Saturday, in double rooms at Santa Isabel;
- 3 daily meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), plus snacks and appetizers;
- Courtesy of 1 bottle of Red Label whiskey, 1 Vodka and 1 Campari for the group;
- Beverages like mineral water, several soft drinks, beer and other cocktails with no limit during the whole trip;
- Fishing Boats with double seat, equipped with 25 HP engine, 44lbs electric trolling motor, with all security equipment, an experienced native fishing guide, a cooler full of beverages and snacks and 35 liters of fuel per day;
- The boats have radio communicator, IGFA measuring ruler and original bogagrip;
- Hot water in the boat cabins bathroom;
- Daily maid service with laundry;
Not included services
- Extra accommodations;
- Extra ground transfers;
- Fishing gear – Kalua II Barco Hotel available for rent, likely lead weights for catfish fishing;
- Satellite phone calls – R$ 25,00 per minute or fraction;
- Federal Fishing Licenses, Municipal Taxes at Santa Isabel;
- Distilled beverages, in addition to those reported as included;
- Kalua´s II Bar has some types of distilled beverages available for sale;
- Personal expenses with meals and snacks, not included in the days shipped on Kalua II.
See our photo gallery
There are so many moments that it is difficult to choose the best images.
Click in the button below to see Kalua’s full photo gallery